North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
The Department of Pharmacy Practice at North Dakota State University School of Pharmacy is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Practice. The individual also will serve as a clinical pharmacist in acute care services integrated into at Essentia Health Pharmacy in Fargo, ND. The practice will alternate between medical surgical and cardiac intermediate care services. Individuals with pharmacy residency training and/or experience in interprofessional collaboration in the provision of acute care services as well as experience with the role of the pharmacist within healthcare systems are of particular interest.
The individual will be responsible for coordinating and teaching within the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) didactic curriculum in a pharmacotherapy capstone course and other pharmacotherapy courses with emphasis on acute care practice and acute diabetic complications. Other teaching will be in introduction to healthcare systems and/or interprofessional education. Additionally, the individual is expected to perform research/scholarship, as well as service to the School/College/University and provide clinical pharmacy services, and precept Pharm.D. students during Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences and pharmacy residents at Essentia Health, Fargo.
Screening will begin 2/27/20.
Submit a letter of interest which contains statements of career goals, immediate and long-term teaching interests, research aspirations and interests, names of 3 references.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
• Pharm.D. degree
• Completed a PGY1 ASHP-accredited residency or have accumulated at least three years of recent and consistent experience in acute care clinical pharmacy practice
• Eligible for pharmacist licensure in North Dakota
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
• Demonstration of self-development
• Completed or completing a PGY2 ASHP-accredited residency
• Greater than 3 years of consistent experience in acute care/general medicine clinical pharmacy practice
• Teaching experience in pharmacy or medical programs
• Precepting experience in pharmacy or medical programs
• Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) Board certification
• Research/scholarship experience