Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Bismarck or Dickinson
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for developing and coordinating and administering technical, safety and environmental training. Interprets and advises field supervision of operational codes, standards, and local, state, and federal laws to ensure understanding and compliance. Responsible for the coordination, implementation, training and compliance of Company Safety and Technical rules and regulations. Maintain records and documentation of all training, testing, evaluations, audits and surveys as required by the Company and Federal Regulators.
• Must possess a working knowledge of technical training concepts and principles normally acquired through an apprenticeship program or a working knowledge of industrial safety practices and procedures, OSHA, Workers Compensation, and other state and federal safety standards at a level normally acquired through the completion of a two-year degree in vocational or technical training or equivalent related work experience.
• Five years of experience in the field of electric production, distribution, and transmission.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to develop written rules, standards, policies and to design and conduct individual training sessions as well as group presentations to employees, contractors and government officials.
• Attention to detail for record keeping and compliance.
• Ability to work independently and complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
• Proven technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers.
• Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Requires extensive travel 50% - 75%.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com