Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Job Summary: Under supervision of the County Road Superintendent and County Engineer, is responsible for performing general labor-type duties, hand and power tool operation, and intermediate level truck and equipment operation on various road and bridge projects.
• High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preferred. Must have the ability to read and write.
• Requires a valid North Dakota Class A driver’s license, non-air restricted and with a tanker endorsement.
• Requires applicant to have a valid driver’s license with no serious traffic violations, misdemeanors and/or felony convictions.
• Two or more years of experience in the operation of various types of heavy equipment, truck driving and maintenance duties of highway and road projects are preferred.
• Candidates must successfully complete a standard background and a criminal record check along with an alcohol and controlled substance test and physical exam. Costs associated with these exams will be paid for by the County.
• Must live within an approximate 45-minute response time to the Burleigh County shop.