North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The selected individual will serve as a core faculty member in our master’s and doctoral counselor education and supervision programs and coordinate the NDSU Counseling Services clinic. Our ideal colleague will be committed to advancing our dynamic counselor education programs, possess strong professional experience in any specialty of counselor education to complement our existing faculty, inspire and challenge our students so they may meet the evolving demands of professional counselors, contribute meaningfully to our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and foster a collaborative community built upon shared governance across the School of Education.
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
• Earned doctorate in counselor education and supervision or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution at the time of employment
• Current professional counseling license (LPC) and LPC license-eligible in the state of North Dakota at the time of employment
• Two years of clinical employment – beyond practica and internships – in clinical mental health counseling
• Demonstrated understanding of multicultural and advocacy issues, and the needs of underserved populations
•Effective oral and written communication skills
•Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with diverse colleagues, students, clientele, and the public
• Graduate of a CACREP-accredited doctoral program
• Licensed as an LPCC in the state of North Dakota
• Experience managing counseling clinics
• Leadership in appropriate counseling associations
• High quality instruction, advising, and mentoring at the college/university level
• The ability to diversify program area in a way that prioritizes, values, and celebrates diversity in all forms and ensure a sense of belonging, respect, and inclusion that supports the success of each member of the community