North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
2 tenure-track assistant professors in the School of Education, to begin August 16, 2020 or as otherwise negotiated. These two colleagues will contribute in one or more of the following areas:
• adult learning
• higher education/student affairs
• institutional effectiveness
• organizational learning
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
• An earned doctorate in education or a field closely related to one or more of the areas listed above, from a regionally accredited institution, by the time of initial appointment
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, access, and inclusiveness
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Professional experience relevant to one or more of the areas listed above
• A strong understanding of research and evaluation design, methods, and analytical procedures applied to educational and social research
• An active program of scholarly inquiry (evidence might include publications; engagement in professional and scholarly organizations; community-based participatory programs; a record of obtaining funding through contracts or competitive grants; or other modes of scholarship)
• Evidence of providing high quality instruction, advising, and mentoring at the graduate level
• Commitment to cultivating relationships with colleagues on campus, within the local community, and across the state/region.
• Ability to diversify program area faculty in a way that prioritizes, values, and celebrates diversity in all forms and ensures a sense of belonging, respect, and inclusion that supports the success of each member of the community.