Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
This position works closely with the Burleigh County Weed Board in enforcement of NDCC 4.1-47 and 63-01.1-05, under the direct supervision of the County Engineer. During winter months is responsible for performing general labor type duties, hand and power tool operation, and entry-level truck and equipment operation on various Road and Bridge projects.
• Requires completion of High School or a GED, and three (3) years of herbicide application: or, any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that provides required knowledge and abilities.
• B.S. Degree in agriculture or related field preferred.
• Must have or be able to obtain a commercial applicator’s certification from the North Dakota State University, Pesticide Division. Upon hire, must obtain and maintain Commercial Applicator’s License in the following categories: CORE, agricultural Pest control, and Right-of-Way.
• Must possess and retain at the employee’s expense, a Class D driver’s license as issued by the Driver’s License Division of the State of North Dakota, and a clean driving record.
• Working knowledge of pesticide application, federal and state weed control laws, identification of noxious weeds, and application formulas and distribution.
• Must possess the ability to operate trucks and equipment under adverse weather conditions.
• Required skills include word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet, and other general computer usage skills; familiarity with GPS data recorders and mapping software.