Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Supports the Training and Safety departments functions for MDU Utilities Group. Consults with utility field operations offices to assure understanding and compliance with the annual training plan. Audit company and contractor OQ records to assure they meet utility group OQ (Operator Qualifications) Plan and/or the contractor OQ plan requirements. Assists the training department in the development of instructional materials. Provides oversight and direction to field operations supervisors and district managers in areas of compliance. Responsible to assist in the facilitation of utility group training plans and apprenticeship programs.
• Must possess a working knowledge of technical training and instructional technology concepts and principles normally acquired through an apprenticeship program or a working knowledge of industrial safety practices and procedures, OSHA, Workers Compensation, and other state and federal safety standards at a level normally acquired through the completion of a two-year degree in vocational or technical training or equivalent related work experience.
• Three years of experience in the field of natural gas, propane, electric, or non-regulated operations.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to develop written rules, standards, policies and to design and conduct individual training sessions as well as group presentations to employees, contractors and government officials.
• Attention to detail for record keeping, instructional materials development, and compliance standards.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with important matters.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
• Proven computer troubleshooting skills and the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers.
• Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications and proficient in various database management systems.
• Experience with editing, evaluating and communicating changes to operational practices.
• Two-year degree in business or three years of experience in related field. Additional training and public speaking experience.
• Prior technical field or safety related experience.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Requires moderate travel 10% - 15%
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com or fax completed application to 701-222-7821.