PO Box 6150, Dept 3140
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The Accountant for the Memorial Union and Bookstore provides support to the departments by performing routine and specialized duties in the keeping of accounts, financial records and following procedures established by auditors. Primary responsibilities include:
1. Provide accounting services to the departments.
2. Maintain inventory financial records.
3. Prepare comprehensive reports and financial analysis for use in budget preparation and management.
4. Participate as an active member of the Memorial Union and Bookstore staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 2 years’ experience in an accounting or business related position that includes reconciliation experience
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of general ledger accounting, accounts payable and reconciliations
• Must be able to work through the complex accounting issues and identify an opportunity to improve the accounting process when it is applicable
• Highly proficient with MS Excel and Word
• In depth experience and aptitude in the use of functional software
• Possess organizational and leadership skills with the capability to work with and motivate others
• Demonstrated excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated skill in providing strong customer service
• Ability to facilitate an environment of continuous process improvement