Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Job Summary: Work activities involve assisting attorneys in the prosecution and litigation of criminal and civil matters on behalf of Burleigh County. Incumbents work closely with attorneys who make the final decisions regarding all legal work on behalf of Burleigh County. Independently performs an extensive degree of research, fact finding, and analysis associated with a broad scope of cases which the supervising attorneys process.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree with a major in paralegal, legal assistant studies or pre-law and two years of paralegal or legal assistant experience that includes application of research and analysis to draft proceedings, discovery documents, motions, briefs and other legal documents. Work experience as a Certified Legal Assistant may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Must efficiently operate a computer with knowledge of word processing and Westlaw software.
• Requires knowledge of legal terminology forms and files.
• Requires a high degree of written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple duties and priorities under limited supervision.
• Applicant will be subject to post-offer civil and criminal background check.