Southwest Water Authority
4665 Second Street Southwest
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$59,875 - $95,800
The individual in this position will perform work activities associated with operating and maintaining a large-scale regional water distribution system -- Southwest Pipeline Project (SWPP) — which includes the pipeline and associated appurtenances, pumping stations, storage reservoirs and water treatment facilities. Particular emphasis is placed on electrical equipment, cathodic protection systems, and the SCADA Telemetry System. This position requires the individual to assist the Southwest Water Authority’s (SWA) Water Distribution Manager by reviewing electrical construction plans and specifications as needed. The individual in this position will also work closely with other maintenance personnel in all aspects of SWPP Operations and Maintenance (O&M). The SWA is a political subdivision led by a 15 member Board of Directors.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Completion of a two year Electrical Technical Degree or equivalent work experience in an electrical construction or maintenance position with exposure to all aspects of electrical technology and one year of certification as a journeyman electrician.
3. Must have a master electricians license.
4. Must have or be willing to acquire a Class A Drivers License within 12 months with the following minimum restrictions: not valid to operate truck-tractor and non-air braked equipped vehicle.
5. Must acquire a class 1 Water Distribution Operators License when eligible.
6. Must acquire cathodic protection certification when eligible.