Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
MARKETING AND DESIGN COORDINATOR, 00102191
OPENING DATE: 09/06/2019
CLOSING DATE: 09/13/2019
STARTING DATE: 10/01/2019, or sooner
COMPENSATION: $35,000 + based on directly related experience. May be eligible for a salary increase after six months. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
Responsible for implementing design solutions, organization and office support to College Relations.
Is directly accountable and responsible to the Marketing Manager.
Office Support – 45%
1. Performs general office, data entry and clerical duties for College Relations.
2. Maintains efficient workflow for the graphic design and communication projects that come through College Relations.
Assists with billing and College Relations budgeting – i.e., budget preparation, requests for payments (RFPs), purchase card verification, tracks budget transactions, etc.
3. Supports/assists in processes for saving, maintaining, and organizing all BSC materials (files, collateral, photos, etc.).
4. Assists in maintaining and updating the BSC website.
Graphic design duties – 50%
5. Serves as a creative collaborator within the department to help determine and convey BSC’s communications and marketing messages.
6. Ensures proper branding in all BSC-produced materials.
7. Conceptualizes and implements design solutions (i.e., creative design, layout of printed materials and development of digital graphics) that support BSC’s marketing goals.
8. Presents visual solutions to internal departments and helps communicate strategies behind design ideas and executions.
9. Designs and develops a wide variety of print pieces such as ads, magazine layouts, brochures, fact sheets, posters, booklets, table tents, etc.
10. Designs and develops graphics for the web.
11. Designs department and program-specific materials as needed. Consults with and provides feedback according to established College Relations guidelines to BSC employees regarding graphic design requests, logo usage and design of pieces created for individual departments.
12. Keeps abreast of, learns, and adapts to design and development changes and new products/techniques/software that impact the production of photographs, drawings, graphics, web graphics, animations, lectures, presentations, audio, and video as required to meet BSC’s needs.
Miscellaneous duties – 5%
13. Supports innovation, creativity and ideas to improve/enhance processes, functions, etc. in the department and as a whole for the college.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree in graphic design, commercial art, or related discipline and two years of experience in an applicable field, or the equivalent education and experience (i.e., vocational training and four years of experience in an applicable field, or other technical experience).
• Good knowledge of publication design principles, graphic design principles, and working knowledge of related development tools, including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat).
• Good knowledge of graphic design as a core function of a marketing department or agency.
• Strong visual sense, with originality and creative flair.
• Proficiency in web and multimedia software.
• Excellent computer software skills programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet, electronic calendar and email, etc.) and in-depth online skills.
• Able to work under pressure, pay attention to detail, balance work on several projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
• Task oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Able to write clearly and concisely.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with diverse personalities.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design and more than two years of directly related experience.
• Marketing experience.
• Additional skills/experience in photography.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
Completed applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on September 13, 2019.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter and resume. Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.
It is generally not BSC's policy to accept a candidate who lacks permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Human Resources: BSC.HumanResources@bismarckstate.edu or
701-224-5531 * 800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)