Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
CYBERSECURITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR, #00104281
OPENING DATE: 09/06/2019
CLOSING DATE: Applications received by September 20, 2019 will be given first consideration. Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: 10/16/2019, or sooner
COMPENSATION: $40,000 + based on directly related experience. May be eligible for a salary increase after six months. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
Responsible for assisting with student outreach and community engagement activities and initiatives. Provides support and guidance to incoming and current cybersecurity students and serves as a resource to academic program faculty.
Directly accountable and responsible to the Director of Admissions and Outreach.
Student Outreach – 40%
1. Assists and serve as a resource with new student questions, registration and orientation.
2. Answers general advising questions from students, faculty and others.
3. Provides assistance to faculty and works with MACC advisors with resources and materials.
4. Assists with program enrollment management activities.
5. Works with College Relations to assist with the creation of all Cyber related collateral marketing materials (written, visual, digital, etc.) and communications/PR efforts are in alignment with BSC’s overall brand strategy, marketing campaigns, strategic plan and leverage promotional opportunities, and ensure materials are up to date.
6. Provides oversight, coordination and dissemination of all Cybersecurity print, online initiatives and /or the posting of social media efforts in collaboration with College Relations to elevate and strengthen BSC branding, awareness and recruitment activities of the cyber programs.
7. Coordinates, participates and ensures booth, registration, booth coverage and all amenities & logistics are in place for student outreach at CyberCon, career fairs and other events.
8. Works collaboratively with College Relations to assess and adjust marketing initiatives for effectiveness and shares IT industry information that maybe useful for future marketing and PR opportunities.
Student Advising and Retention – 30%
9. Serves as a resource for referral to other campus services (i.e., academic counseling, personal counselor, financial aid, etc.).
10. Identifies students who have high potential for dropping out. Communicates and implements retainment strategies with identified students.
11. Provides intake advising.
12. Provides general guidance related to course placement and other entry-level assessment questions.
13. Serves as a resource to students interested in cybersecurity related to course scheduling, academic advisement and / or transfer options.
14. Works with campus student organizations to promote Cybersecurity.
15. Assists with the development, implementation, and collection of data to support retention plans and program goals.
16. Promotes student success through special programs, improved processes and outreach campaigns relations to effective retention strategies.
17. Works with MACC to provide support for other student success and retention activities.
18. Works as a resource for cybersecurity students to connect with academic program faculty.
19. Supports students to overcome barriers that hinder their progress toward degree completion.
20. In cooperation with the MACC, provides advising assistance for students interested in cybersecurity and those in the program to ensure best options for individual academic goal achievement.
Community Engagement – 25%
21. Coordinates the establishment of business and educational outreach initiatives with input from the Dean of CET, COT Dept Chair, and faculty.
22. Assists with the development, expansion, oversight, and communication of industry and educational relationships, including but not limited to; articulation agreements, student internships / capstones, resource connection and additional student educational and business enhancement opportunities.
23. Researches additional opportunities, process improvements, and efforts to increase the overall effectiveness of cybersecurity business and educational developments and outreach initiatives.
General – 5%
24. Develops plans and goals with input and direction from Dean of Students and Dean of Enrollment Management.
25. Attends department meetings (COT, CET, MACC, Admissions) a needed.
26. Stays current with understanding of campus services and policies.
27. Ensures the website, print and all other communication messages are up-to-date and coordinates any changes with the appropriate personnel across BSC.
28. Supports innovation, creativity and ideas to improve/enhance processes, functions, etc. in the department and as a whole for the college.
29. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Appropriate bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience (i.e., marketing, sales, community outreach/engagement activities, higher education), or related associate degree and agreement to complete a bachelor’s degree in a specified period of time with two years of related experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people.
• Must have the ability to speak well and present a good public appearance.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and in collaboration with other to carry out associated duties.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to summarize and communicate relevant results of activities.
• Proficient in computer software programs (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and excellent keyboarding skills.
• Proficient working with multiple forms of social media including Facebook and Twitter.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
• Travel is required and must have a valid driver’s license.
• Communications expertise and demonstrated effectiveness.
• Extensive experience in a comparable position (business, management, marketing or communications).
• Experience working in cybersecurity industry and / or knowledge of information technology.
• Bismarck State College experience.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
Fully completed applications received by September 20, 2019 will be given first consideration. Open until filled.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter, resume, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.
It is generally not BSC's policy to accept a candidate who lacks permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Human Resources: BSC.HumanResources@bismarckstate.edu or
701-224-5531 * 800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)