North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
A postdoctoral position in the Department of Physics is available to join the biotechnology research group of Dr. Choi at North Dakota State University. The research challenge will be to identify, validate, and develop an exosome-based, electronic cancer detection platform. Minimum qualifications are a Ph.D. degree in experimental biophysics, chemistry, or cellular/molecular biology. Candidates must have competence in cancer biology or a relevant area of molecular biology with a proven record of publications. The position does not require a particular background in biosensing or nanoscale electronics. Background in cancer research with experience in a mouse model is preferred. Highly motivated candidates with a strong record of scholarship and written/oral communication skills are invited. Salary is commensurate with experience. The term of appointment is for a one-year, renewable subject to satisfactory progress and availability of funding. The position is funded by an NIH grant and available immediately. Candidates should apply at NDSU’s online application system at https://jobs.ndsu.edu. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. NDSU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and both an ADVANE and a Carnegie Very High Research Activity institution.
Screening will begin 9/27/19
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
1. A Ph.D. degree in experimental biophysics, chemistry, biochemistry, cellular biology or molecular biology
2. Publication records in molecular/cellular biology
3. Cancer/molecular biology experiences
4. Effective oral and written communication skills
1. Prior experience in cancer research with sufficient skills in cell culture/cell-based assay, molecular biology, and fluorescence microscopy.
2. A candidate with experience in a mouse model and drug treatment design is preferred.
3. Experience in exosome biology.
4. Proficient skill to independently prepare manuscripts for publication.