North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute invites applications for a Data Scientist. This is full time benefited position with the Small Urban and Rural Transit Center (SURTC) within the Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute (UGPTI) in the Quentin Burdick Building, room 430 on NDSU campus. SURTC/UGPTI offers an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to work with researchers, faculty, and students. The candidate seeking to join our team for this position will be involved in a wide range of research activities and tasks. This individual will have the opportunity to utilize his/her strengths in contributing to the successes of SURTC/UGPTI. Exceptional data analysis, research, communication, and organizational skills are essential. Specific responsibilities include:
• Helping develop scopes of work
• Collect and analyze transportation data
• Use statistics and operations research methods to analyze transportation data
• Prepare written analyses and draft reports
• Collaborate with other transportation researchers and students.
Screening will begin 8/27/19
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
• A Ph.D. in transportation or a related field
• Experience in working with National Transit Database datasets
• Experience in machine learning and data analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• A demonstrated knowledge of public transportation