North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The Department of Health, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences at North Dakota State University invites applications for a 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of dietetics beginning Fall of 2020. This position will be 40 percent teaching, 40 percent research, 10 percent advising, and 10 percent service. Responsibilities will include supporting NDSU’s land-grant mission of teaching, research, and service.
Successful candidates will teach courses in the accredited undergraduate and graduate Dietetics programs as well as the Master’s and PhD programs in Exercise Science and Nutrition; participate in academic advising; direct graduate theses and dissertations and serve on graduate student committees; establish an independent line of research and publish in scholarly journals; seek and secure external funding to support scholarly activity; be active in professional organizations; and provide service to the department, college, university, and community.
Teaching responsibilities may include but are not restricted to undergraduate and/or graduate courses in clinical nutrition and other areas of dietetics. Other courses may be developed to fit the successful candidate’s expertise.
A complete application packet will include: 1) a letter of application addressing the position qualifications, 2) a current curriculum vitae, 3) the names and contact information for at least three professional references, 4) unofficial copies of all degree granting transcripts, 5) teaching philosophy, and 6) research plan.
Screening will begin October 1, 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Dr. Sherri Stastny, search committee chair, at email@example.com or 701-231-7479 (office phone).
NDSU uses an online employment system. To apply, please go to: https://jobs.ndsu.edu/
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
1. PhD in dietetics, nutrition, or closely related field from an accredited institution.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in college teaching in dietetics courses.
3. Evidence of potential to publish original research.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills.
5. Registered dietitian with CDR, the credentialing agency and organization unit of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
6. Current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and familiarity with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics accreditation standards.
1. Refereed publication and teaching experience in nutrition science, physical activity/exercise science and related fields.
2. Experience working in collaborative teams that include both nutrition and physical activity disciplines, such as exercise science.
3. Evidence of successful academic advising both at undergraduate and graduate levels, preferably PhD level.
4. Experience teaching at the graduate level.
5. Experience supervising and encouraging student scholarly presentations, grants and/or publications.
6. Ability to secure external funding to support scholarly research.
7. Membership and involvement in professional organizations.
8. Ability to collaborate and complement current research in the department, college, and NDSU.
9. Demonstrated understanding and commitment in promoting diversity.
10. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a group of diverse colleagues and students.