Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
NATIONAL ENERGY CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN INSTRUCTOR/ASSITANT PROFESSOR, #00104010
OPENING DATE: 05/24/2019
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
STARTING DATE: Negotiable
COMPENSATION: Full-time, special non-tenure track position with potential for future tenure track according to BSC policy. Salary based on experience, education and academic school year contract (other contract options may be available). Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position is located on the Bismarck State College campus and includes responsibilities for curriculum development, instruction and upgrade of online and/or classroom based content and instructional materials directly related to electrical distribution. Additional responsibilities may include student advising, committee work, marketing programs, working with various industry advisory committees, incumbent employee training, submitting grades by the established deadline and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or the Dean of the National Energy Center of Excellence (NECE).
• Bachelor’s degree or an associate degree in an electrical technology or related field and a minimum of three years of non-teaching energy industry work experience. Or a certificate in related field with a minimum of five years of non-teaching energy industry work experience or no degree/certificate with a minimum of ten years of non-teaching energy industry work experience.
• Agreement to complete a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field within six years of date of hire (tuition assistance available) if applicant does not possess one.
• Strong working knowledge in one or more of the following areas: substation technician, electrical distribution technician, power distribution service technician, electrical technician, metering technician, relaying technician, or electrical & instrumentation technician.
• Strong technical knowledge related to the electrical generation, transmission or distribution sectors.
• Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office, email and electronic calendar.
• Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups and to articulate and support the community college philosophy.
• Will be required to obtain North Dakota State Board for Career and Technical Education certification (up to six years to obtain and training is provided). This requires a combination of education and work experience. For more information on CTE certification: http://www.nd.gov/cte/teacher-cert/docs/PS_CertStandards.pdf.
• Appropriate bachelor’s degree.
• Extensive industry experience.
• Curriculum development, teaching and/or training experience.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
The position will remain on the website and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.